Urologist Check Up

His urologist appointment was today. The first thing they did was.. 

Guess what?

Draw blood!

*eye roll* 

So after discussing it with the Urologist, he agreed if the count hasn’t gone up and hubby is starting to feel unwell, then it’s time to stop using clomid to attempt to treat his male infertility. We all believe IVF w/ICSI may be our best treatment. We’re continuing on with saving for IVF w/ICSI but placing it into the back of our minds for now. The doctor told us he knows people who can get us in for trials to make it cheaper, and to let him know when we’re ready, but it’s a flight across country. We will see where we will be led next. 

We will still not use any protection and keep up with our wellness plans. He will have a semen analysis sometime next week. I will post those results and anything else I get in time. I’ll answer an questions if someone has them! He has been on clomid for 7 months now, so we have a good idea of the process.


Urologist Appointment Tomorrow

Tomorrow hubby will be having his urologist appointment. He’s beginning to feel unwell and is considering stopping the clomid for his male infertility. He should be having a semen analysis and bloodwork done sometime soon. The office was refusing to do either before his check up which makes no sense is our eyes. You should have results before you do a check up.

But so that is tomorrow. I should start working in September. We’re going to begin saving. We decided that we will save for about 5 years and then do IVF w/ICSI. We’ve spent our twenties trying to expand our family by either birth or by adoption. We’re not sure if we want to roll into our 30s with still struggling to do one single, should be simple thing. We’d rather place it into the back of our minds, for now at least and enjoy life a bit. We shall see.

Here we go..

Had an interview today and I think it went very well. I was told if chosen, I’d start at $12 build to $15, and likely work 20-40 a week. Which is perfect especially since I can walk to the building and won’t need to buy a car. So if I work at least 20 hours a week, then next year this time, we might have our IVF w/ICSI fund filled. At a military treatment facility, IVF w/ICSI is running just under 8K currently. Hubbies urologist needs to be pushed back, they called to reschedule go figure. Hopefully still by the end of August we will know if clomid worked for him!! Again he’s been on clomid for 7 full months.

Extended Background..

My husband and I have been ttc since Jan 2012. I have had 2 miscarriages, Dec. 2011 (6 weeks) and Nov. 2014 (4 weeks). After 2 years of trying, we began seeking medical help. After fighting for testing and the referral with military clinics, we found out I had a small polyp. They didn’t believe it was large enough to prevent pregnancy and I had that removed (maybe) May 2014.

By fall Oct. 2014, we discovered the issue was most likely male infertility. From 2014 to now in 2016, he has had varying uncontrollable T levels unless there was a lab mix up (280-800). He has had count vary extremely (<2-18mil/mL). He has had motility vary greatly (5-60%). So basically everything is erratic over the years.

After moving to Alaska, he consulted a new physician because of a lump he found above his testicle. It’s a stone in his spermatic cord. If may still be a blockage and we have no way to know with a vasogram. He recieved a second urologist that agreed that clomid was at least worth an opportunity as from moving here Nov. 2015 through Jan. 2016 his T (low 300s), count (5-9mil/mL), and motility (50-60%) seemed to have stabilized.

Second week of January 2016, he started taking clomid 25mg 25 days on/5 days off. By end of April it was confirmed his T did indeed increase, I believe to 700s but sperm had not increased in any manner.

In May/June we did a cycle of IUI and we had a horrible experience with the office. They botched my bloodwork, charged me for it anyway even though they said they wouldn’t, they didn’t properly monitor my blood levels, left his sperm sit in the incubator for 2 hours, lied about being able to give us sperm pre and post wash numbers before the IUI and so on. So we decided no more IUIs in Alaska. They also did not follow insurance protocols and now I’m stuck having to pay for a SIS that I shouldn’t need to pay for. We will save for IVF w/ICSI to do once we leave Alaska. We’ve wasted enough at thier office.

Now August, he has been on clomid 7 full months. He has a check up with the urologist and by the end of August we should know if his sperm has improved.